Lash extensions are quickly becoming one of the most popular new trends in the beauty industry. With lash bars popping up more and more, as well as salons now offering lash services, the last extension industry is stronger than ever, and that’s partly due to the choices in looks it offers. Hybrid extensions are one such look, as they fuse the classic and volume styles to get a unique and gorgeous lash look.
Being informed about the different styles that lash technicians can offer will help you choose the look that is for you. Hybrid lash extensions are one of the most popular and asked for types of lash extensions, as they are a way to customize your look by blending two styles. This article will go over everything you need to know about this style to help you decide if it is the right lash extension for you.
Why Choose Hybrid Lashes?
With hybrid lashes, you don’t have to settle for just a classic look or just a volume look. These lashes are aptly named, as they meld the two looks together and offer the wearer a more customized lash experience.
They are the best of both worlds. You can get volume on the outside of the lash for a more tapered look or on each side for a more lush blend. Hybrid lashes can help make the look uniquely you.
Great for All Types of Lashes
Contrary to the myths that surround lash extensions, if they are done by a professional lash tech, no lash extension should ever harm your natural eyelashes. Hybrid lashes are a good choice if you have thin eyelashes, weak lashes, or lash sensitivities, as they won’t cause damage to your natural lashes.
If you have skin allergies, there are hypoallergenic lash glues that can be used to keep your skin from flaring up. No matter what issue you may have, hybrid lash extensions are a great way to get the lashes you’ve always dreamed of.
What Not to Do
There are a few steps you have to take to maintain your lash extensions, as well as make sure you don’t harm your natural lashes or eyes in the process. Here is a list of what not to do when wearing hybrid lash extensions:
- Don’t wear mascara. While you can wear makeup, wearing mascara is a big no as it can clump together your hybrid lashes (fans) and could even damage them. Trying to get the mascara off can cause them to come off or break.
- Don’t touch or pick at them. It might feel weird if you aren’t used to having lashes, but it is imperative to resist the urge to touch or play with your lashes. Picking or pulling on them can cause them to damage or come off. You can brush them (there are lash brushes available) so they stay nice and straight.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach. It can be hard to train yourself to sleep in a different position than you are used to, but sleeping on your stomach can damage your new lashes if you aren’t careful. It’s essential to take steps to ensure you can’t roll over or that you stay on your back throughout the night to avoid crushing your extensions.
- Don’t use lash curlers. These can damage your lashes irrevocably.
Things to Remember When Making an Appointment
- Always go with an experienced lash technician. Make sure your tech is certified and has experience under their belt when it comes to doing eyelash extensions, especially if you have any sensitivities or lash issues.
- Lashes take time. Be prepared to sit in the chair for 90 to 180 minutes getting your hybrid lashes done. This is a very precise and exact beauty treatment and cannot be rushed.
- The price is worth the results. Hybrid lashes can cost a little more than classic lashes, but the customization and look you get are well worth the cost.
Open Your Eyes to a Whole New You at Dulce Lash
Looking to give your look a refresh? At Dulce Lash Lounge, our team of eyelash extension experts is committed to providing you with amazing eyelash extension services that promise glowing results and ensure you go home happy.
If you’re ready for a beautiful new look, visit us today! Book now at one of our great 5 locations in Mercer, Seattle, Bellevue, Puyallup, and Issaquah.